Friday, July 13, 2012

Packing

Mitch, my husband and I are just about done packing up our life into our car. Tomorrow...crap! TOMORROW! We are leaving our safe haven in St. Cloud to go to California. I have never been to the west coast, so this will be a fun adventure. I hope. When Mitch and I announced our plans to just up and move to find jobs we actually like, we had some people super excited and some who thought we are just plain crazy. I suppose it's pretty crazy when you think about just selling all most all you own and just driving a few thousand miles with no job offer in hand. But you know what? I did the exact same thing 7 years ago when I moved to St. Cloud from Sri Lanka. Granted I moved for higher education, I came to the U.S. by myself not even knowing where exactly St. Cloud was. It sure worked out for me; got a well rounded education, unbelievable experiences, GREAT friends and best of all, my husband!

We'll be blogging our journey, daily if I am not stuck in some run down town with no internet access anywhere. Pictures will be posted...so stay with us and enjoy the ride! From the comfort of where ever you're reading...:)




No comments:

Post a Comment